UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor bosse10
Visitor

SDK Xilkernel error building BSP Vivavdo 2016.3 and 2014.4

Jump to solution

Hello!

I have problems with building the BSP in SDK when I am using Xilkernel.

I am using Vivado 2016.3 and have also tried 2014.4. Have made a simple test design. After starting SDK the first compiling of the BSP, with it's default values, is going OK.

Then I try to use some functions in Xilkernel and get ERROR messages.

The two functions I try to use are:

config_bufmalloc   and

config_msgq

Other functions e.g. semaphores etc works OK.

I try them one after the other (not both at the same time). In both cases I get an error message.

I have attached a log where I have put in some notes in the 2014.3 log-file from SDK.

Should be very glad to have this problem solved, as I have been working with it for a time now.

/Bo-Lennart

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDK Xilkernel error building BSP Vivavdo 2016.3 and 2014.4

Jump to solution

hi,

i see that mem_table should be a combination of mem_bsize and mem_nblks. 

looking at the tcl, it suggests that mem_bsize should be a minimum value of 4 or greater as shown in snapshot.

would that be possible to test the mem_table to a default value of PARAMETER mem_table = ((4,30),(8,20))

if this does not work, share the HDF and MSS.

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi,

i see that mem_table should be a combination of mem_bsize and mem_nblks. 

looking at the tcl, it suggests that mem_bsize should be a minimum value of 4 or greater as shown in snapshot.

would that be possible to test the mem_table to a default value of PARAMETER mem_table = ((4,30),(8,20))

if this does not work, share the HDF and MSS.

--hs

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Visitor bosse10
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello hl!

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry to say, I did not understand from your answer what I shall do.  It is all on me that I dont understand the answer. It is far over my level.

I will try to share the HDF and MSS files you mention in your answer and hope that you can give me an advice that I understand. I am not used to Xilkernel, so I hope you do not misunderstand me because I am very glad for any suppport, as I can not carry on with this on my own.

I have taken the files from my test with Vivado 2016.3 and tried there to use config_msgq.

Regards

/Bo-Lennart

0 Kudos
Visitor bosse10
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello hs!

After a while I understood what you meant. There are small Arrows when you setup parameters i Xilkernel that I have not seen. When I open one of them I saw the position where I shall put in the parameter values you suggest. When I do that, everything works as expected. Many thanks for the help and I am sorry that I don't understand your answer directly.

Best regards

/Bo-Lennart

0 Kudos