Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

SDK Xilkernel error building BSP Vivavdo 2016.3 and 2014.4

Jump to solution

Hello!

I have problems with building the BSP in SDK when I am using Xilkernel.

I am using Vivado 2016.3 and have also tried 2014.4. Have made a simple test design. After starting SDK the first compiling of the BSP, with it's default values, is going OK.

Then I try to use some functions in Xilkernel and get ERROR messages.

The two functions I try to use are:

config_bufmalloc   and

config_msgq

Other functions e.g. semaphores etc works OK.

I try them one after the other (not both at the same time). In both cases I get an error message.

I have attached a log where I have put in some notes in the 2014.3 log-file from SDK.

Should be very glad to have this problem solved, as I have been working with it for a time now.

/Bo-Lennart

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

i see that mem_table should be a combination of mem_bsize and mem_nblks. 

looking at the tcl, it suggests that mem_bsize should be a minimum value of 4 or greater as shown in snapshot.

would that be possible to test the mem_table to a default value of PARAMETER mem_table = ((4,30),(8,20))

if this does not work, share the HDF and MSS.

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

i see that mem_table should be a combination of mem_bsize and mem_nblks. 

looking at the tcl, it suggests that mem_bsize should be a minimum value of 4 or greater as shown in snapshot.

would that be possible to test the mem_table to a default value of PARAMETER mem_table = ((4,30),(8,20))

if this does not work, share the HDF and MSS.

--hs

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hello hl!

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry to say, I did not understand from your answer what I shall do.  It is all on me that I dont understand the answer. It is far over my level.

I will try to share the HDF and MSS files you mention in your answer and hope that you can give me an advice that I understand. I am not used to Xilkernel, so I hope you do not misunderstand me because I am very glad for any suppport, as I can not carry on with this on my own.

I have taken the files from my test with Vivado 2016.3 and tried there to use config_msgq.

Regards

/Bo-Lennart

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hello hs!

After a while I understood what you meant. There are small Arrows when you setup parameters i Xilkernel that I have not seen. When I open one of them I saw the position where I shall put in the parameter values you suggest. When I do that, everything works as expected. Many thanks for the help and I am sorry that I don't understand your answer directly.

Best regards

/Bo-Lennart

0 Kudos