UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Spartan-6 FPGA in market

Hi all,

I want to know the availability of spartan-6 FPGA in market. When I check for the availablilty in avnet site, there are no stocks and factory lead time is 26 weeks. We want to desgin spartan-6 based board. so I would like to make sure the availability,

FPGA freak
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Professor
Professor

Re: Spartan-6 FPGA in market

So far the only Spartan 6 parts we've found are XC6SLX16-2CSG324CES.  "26 weeks" usually means

the chips aren't in full production yet.  Note the Engineering Sample suffix on the part number.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Observer paubert
Observer

Availability seems to be very limited right now, to put it mildly. As the family covers a wide range of capacities, the prices vary accordingly, from about $13 to $373. You don't want to use a device that costs 10 or 20 times as much than the one you need, do you?

Realistically, you should have an idea of which device in which package suits your needs. You may chose to prototype with a larger part (provided it is pinout compatible) if the larger part is available earlier. But before doing this, read Chapter 7 of UG385 (density migration).

To come back to your original question, the only part with limited near-term availablity from Avnet seems to be the xc6lx45-2fg484c (61 available next week, if you believe the popup window).

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

We have decided to use the part XC6SLX9. I would like to know, whether this part number is available.
FPGA freak
0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

sridar wrote:

Hi all,

I want to know the availability of spartan-6 FPGA in market. When I check for the availablilty in avnet site, there are no stocks and factory lead time is 26 weeks. We want to desgin spartan-6 based board. so I would like to make sure the availability,

Don't use the web site. Call your rep.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Good advice... ;)

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

0 Kudos