cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

System Generator GUI Socket Server Timeout

Hello everyone,

I am using Vivado 2014.4 system edition and MATLAB 2014b on windows 10.I have been getting the following warning soon after I open simulink library

Warning: Block diagram 'xbs_r4' contains disabled library links. Use Model Advisor to find the disabled links in
non-library models. The diagram has been saved but may not contain what you intended.
Warning: The System Generator GUI socket server timedout while waiting for an incoming socket connection. To tune the acceptTimeout value in the xlServerSocketOptions.m file. The xlServerSocketOptions.m file is on your MATLAB path and can be edited by typing 'edit xlServerSocketOptions.m' in the MATLAB console.
Warning: The following error was caught while executing 'xlSocketServer_impl' class destructor:
Java exception occurred:
java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.xilinx.sysgen.socketinterface.RawSocketLayer.close(RawSocketLayer.java:133)

Warning: Block diagram 'xrbs_r4' contains disabled library links. Use Model Advisor to find the disabled links in
non-library models. The diagram has been saved but may not contain what you intended.

Also when I open a new simulink model or an existing one and try editing the Xilinx blocks, a similar warning shows up:

Warning: The System Generator GUI socket server timedout while waiting for an incoming socket connection. To tune the acceptTimeout value in the xlServerSocketOptions.m file. The xlServerSocketOptions.m file is on your MATLAB path and can be edited by typing 'edit xlServerSocketOptions.m' in the MATLAB console.
Warning: The following error was caught while executing 'xlSocketServer_impl' class destructor:
Java exception occurred:
java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.xilinx.sysgen.socketinterface.RawSocketLayer.close(RawSocketLayer.java:133)

> In C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2014.4\scripts\sysgen\matlab\xlSocketServer_impl.p>xlSocketServer_impl.getInstance at 114
In C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2014.4\scripts\sysgen\matlab\xlSocketServer.p>xlSocketServer.xlSocketServer at 45
In C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2014.4\scripts\sysgen\matlab\xlXBlockGUIClass.p>xlXBlockGUIClass.xlXBlockGUIClass at 40
In C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2014.4\scripts\sysgen\matlab\xlOpenGui.p>xlOpenGui at 116

and I get this error:

Error evaluating 'OpenFcn' callback of Xilinx Type 'CMult'
Undefined variable "this" or class "this.GUIClass"

I referred to your thread https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/DSP-and-Video/System-Generator-GUI-Socket-Server-Timeout/m-p/642485#M9615 

So I tried opening a new simulink model first so that the GUI starts meanwhile and this seemed to be working for a week after which I had windows update. After I updated, this solution does not seem to be working. The same warning appears and am unable to edit any Xilinx blocks. I uninstalled both system generator and MATLAB and installed again. But it didn't work.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Padmini.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: System Generator GUI Socket Server Timeout

@Padmini please use supported version of tools . I would recommend you to use latest version of Vivado 2017.2
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55830.html

check this ARs
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62328.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Dear Balkrishan

I checked my environment variables and MYVIVADO isn't present. I will try using latest Vivado version.

Thank you

Regards 

Padmini

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Thanks Padmini, Please mark the reply as accepted solution if it help you to resolve this issue
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I am using Vivado 2017.2 and Matlab 2016a and experiencing the exact same issue. MYVIVADO is not set.

0 Kudos