UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie chris_enib

Use BRAM IN PL for load Application.elf in the case of DDR less system TE0722-01

Hello,

I use a TE0-722-01 (and TE0722-02I) of TRENZ Electronic. This is a DDR less system actually. My design is finish but I can't Flash the module, because there is enough space for FSBL and Application. I'm familiar with the problem today, and one of the last solution I try to do is to create a BRAM in PL with control BRAM.

The goal is : (with a simple Design first, and simple application like Hello World and control LEDRGB on the module)

The FSBL is call first, so it's execute in OCM (192 KB actually ) , that load the bitstream (.bit), for configure the PL (FPGA), with my design. At the beginning of the FSBL a preload function is called for load my application.elf in BRAM in PL.

Then at the end of FSBL, a JUMP is doing for continue in the BRAM, then the OCM is free now.

At the Start of my application a function is call for move my application into the OCM and execute it. So it should work.

But actually I don't now how to do for load my application.elf into the BRAM, What are the addresses of my application, where it is, and how can I find this. So after that, how can I copy my application into OCM.

Actually my better sources is this example : http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq-7000+AP+SoC+Boot+-+Booting+and+Running+Without+External+Memory+Tech+Tip

but I have some difficult for adapt this.

Can you help me please? thank's a lot.

0 Kudos