UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer nachum
Observer

User interface (UX/UI) in Vivado

Hi,

I've been using Vivado for more than a year now. All in all, it is a good product. It adds in SystemVerilog support, gives us much better layout and timing tools, and is very stable. I can't recall whether I've ever had a Vivado crash. But it's not all perfect. There are plenty of small UI and UX design flaws. I have been in touch with Xilinx on many of them, but I can't make any headway.

Has anyone else felt this way?

Here are a few that I have tried to get a response on:

1. Focus stealing in Linux. Vivado constantly steals focus from my editor. -- No response or work on this from Xilinx.

2. Create IP that I immediately need to modify - no synthesis run available until after I generate first time. So I must create, generate, then change to unmanaged, modify, and then generate again. -- No response again

3. Generate Bitstream doesn't detect that it is up to date - just starts running again.. And of course erases the already created bitstream. -- No response

4. After burning a SPI Flash, the default in the Program dialog is changed to: /opt/Xilinx/vivado/2015.3/data/xicom/cfgmem/spi_xc7vx75t_pullnone.bit

-- Insists that this is intentional. But why?

All of these issues have been reported since before 2015.1 came out.

Sincerely,

Frustrated in the valley,

Nachum

Tags (1)