Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saloma1999
Visitor
Visitor

VHDL

Hello, 

I need to design a control circuit system for house but I don't how I can do. Could you help me please ?

There are two-room house with several sensors is assumed: motion sensors in each room, window opening sensor in each room, main door opening sensor. All sensors are connected in an alarm system, which monitors each sensor and if something happens (e.g. the door opens), the alarm sounds, depending on the functioning mode of the control circuit.
The selectable modes are: inactive (in this case the system ignores the sensors), at home (only the door and window sensors are taken into account) and out_of_house (in this case the system takes into account all the features). To change the system mode, a four-digit code must be entered. When the home mode is set, the alarm siren sounds when a sensor, which is being considered, is activated (e.g. the window is opened). If the set mode is  out_of_house, then there is a 15 second delay to enter the code and switch to inactive/ at home mode before the siren sounds. The same delay is valid when the out_of_house mode is set and then the system ignores any sensor activity (so that the user has time to open the door and leave).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@saloma1999 ,

The task description seems pretty clear and straightforward. School homework?

A concept project can be built up using a state-machine based design.

First show us what you have done or thought of. if you have learnt designing state-machines in your coursework, beginning with the concept and work should not be a problem.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

saloma1999
Visitor
Visitor

Hello, Yes indeed it is a school homework. So far we did a flow chart of our project and strarted coding in VHDL. We coded the entity but we don't know where to start for the architecture. We already did some logic design but it's our first project... Thank you for your time !

saloma1999_0-1619070823881.png

Project1-DSD(1).png
0 Kudos
richardhead
Scholar
Scholar

What help are you expecting.  We're not here to do your work or research for you.  I suggest you have a go yourself at tackling this, and then come back with problems you are having.