Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garengllc2
Observer
Observer

Vivado java crash with fixAfterInsertion error

Jump to solution

I am running Vivado 2020.2.  It was working until a little earlier today.  All of a sudden, if I try to synthesize or elaborate my block design, I get a series of java errors.  I've restarted both Vivado and my machine (a Windows box) numerous times, and it has been the same issue every time.
Something that I did not think about at first was that to save some room, I deleted my 2020.1 installation earlier today (I had them both installed at the same time).  I wonder if something maybe got messed up when the one got deleted?  I do not believe that I ever saw the build work since I deleted, but it could be a coincidence.

I attached the full error dump.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garengllc2
Observer
Observer

I think that I solved the problem.  The answer seems to be making sure I've run synthesis BEFORE opening the elaborated design.  I believe that the elaborate option needs a completed checkpoint in order to operate, and if there isn't one for it to open, it seems to be throwing this unhelpful error.  YMMV.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
garengllc2
Observer
Observer

I think that I solved the problem.  The answer seems to be making sure I've run synthesis BEFORE opening the elaborated design.  I believe that the elaborate option needs a completed checkpoint in order to operate, and if there isn't one for it to open, it seems to be throwing this unhelpful error.  YMMV.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos