UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Where to buy Xilinx CLPDs offline in New Delhi

Hi there,

I am not sure if I should be asking this question here or not. I apologise in advance but really need an answer to theis question. Hope someone will answer.

** Where can I buy Xilinx CPLD really cheap? Is is possible to buy them offline? If so, where in New Delhi can I buy them.? I am trying out a basic idea and wanted 1/2 pieces of XC2C256 -7VQG100C variant of CRII CPLD. 

Looking forward to your answers.

Thanks and Regards,

Arvind Gupta

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Where to buy Xilinx CLPDs offline in New Delhi

@g_arvind wrote:

** Where can I buy Xilinx CPLD really cheap?

Well, on eBay or AliExpress you can often find chips marked as Xilinx CPLDs really cheap. Whether they're actually a Xilinx CPLDs, and whether they function, is largely luck of the draw - with the usual rule that if looks too cheap to be true then it probably is too cheap to be true.

If you want a guaranteed good chip, Xilinx's authorized distributors (eg. Digikey and Avnet) are the only trusted source.

@g_arvind wrote:

Is is possible to buy them offline? If so, where in New Delhi can I buy them.? I am trying out a basic idea and wanted 1/2 pieces of XC2C256 -7VQG100C variant of CRII CPLD. 

Not sure about New Delhi, but certainly in Australia they're not something that you would find on the shelf of a standard electronics shop. They're far too specialized and the volume is far too low for any electronics shop to bother stocking them. However, many of the big distributors offer free shipping if you buy enough, and often "enough" is not actually very much (from Digikey to Australia it's $60 AU, which gets you a couple of CPLDs (in case you mess-up soldering the first few), the necessary supporting components (power supplies, capacitors, connectors), and consumables for the board (solder etc)).

Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: Where to buy Xilinx CLPDs offline in New Delhi

@g_arvind,

Did you try Avnet/Digilent and see if they ship to India?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos