Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asobeih
Explorer
Explorer

Widening Reply Textbox

Hello,

As I have been a member for years now, I just observed something annoying regarding the user experience while using the forums here. Let's say I would like to post a reply, I click on Reply button to have the textbox opened to type down all that I want. However, here are some observations regarding this experience

1. the Reply box is extremely narrow. You can just view a line or two maximum in a certain instance. That makes the typing/editing a nightmare.

2. The reply textbox comes with the expander in the bottom right of the box, however, it does not do anything when I click and drag it to enlargen the textbox area.

Please, consider the image below:

asobeih_0-1617735005305.png

In case this is an issue that is relevant to the browser and/or the OS, I use windows 10 and  Google Chrome Version 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit).

5 Replies
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Agreed

i think some one also complained a while ago, but if so , nothing happened.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@asobeih ,

The reply textbox comes with the expander in the bottom right of the box, however, it does not do anything when I click and drag it to enlargen the textbox area.

For me, if I drag the textbox expander, the reply box expands! In my opinion this Forum expects you to manually extend the reply box if you know that the answer is going to be of multiple lines.

My browser - Firefox, 87.0 (64-bit).

You have not told us which browser and ver you are using.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos
asobeih
Explorer
Explorer

@dpaul24 

I actually did. You should find it in the last line of my original post below the image.

0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Im using chrome os ,

and on this machine it works now I check it today !!

Which is great news

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@asobeih ,

sorry, missed that info. I can say that in Firefox it works.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos