cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laquasha

XC4000E replacement/ conversion

Hi All,

I'm pretty new at this FPGA design stuff... I need to replace the XC4003E (obsolete) with a newer Xilinx FPGA which performs exactly the same function. I'm unsure which FPGA would suit this purpose. I currently have the schematic and xnf file. At this point I am trying to go the route of designing an interposer. My issues are that I'm trying to find the best match of an available Xilinx part (not in the obsolesence loop) that has the same functionality, but also one that I can interface the 5V that is already designed into the current circuit. Are there any recommendations of current lines of componets that could be a potential replacement for the XC4003E?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Hi

5v will kill you, 

some of the older spartan 3 range are I think 5v tollerant, but generaly, you are going to have to externaly buffer to get to 5v, or re design circuit to lower voltage, 3v3 is OK, but look at 2v5.

And if your after oin or function compatability, forget it.

I hope you have the design in a HDL, else converting it to the new chip is going to be 'interesting'.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos