UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

XPS SPI core failing selftest

Hi,

I have configured microblaze in xilinx xps.My mhs file is attached. I tried to do self test on the module inspired from xilinx examples. The code is shown below

#include "xparameters.h"
#include "xspi.h"
#include "xspi_l.h"

#define SPI_DEVICE_ID XPAR_SPI_0_DEVICE_ID
int SpiSelfTestExample(u16 DeviceId);
XSpi Spi;
#ifndef TESTAPP_GEN
int main(void)
{
int Status;
Status = SpiSelfTestExample(SPI_DEVICE_ID);
if (Status != XST_SUCCESS) {
return XST_FAILURE;
}

return XST_SUCCESS;
}
#endif
int SpiSelfTestExample(u16 DeviceId)
{
int Status;
XSpi_Config *ConfigPtr; /* Pointer to Configuration data */
ConfigPtr = XSpi_LookupConfig(DeviceId);
if (ConfigPtr == NULL) {
return XST_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND;
}

Status = XSpi_CfgInitialize(&Spi, ConfigPtr,
ConfigPtr->BaseAddress);
return XST_FAILURE;
}

Status = XSpi_SelfTest(&Spi);

xil_printf("\nThe self test failed");
return XST_FAILURE;
}

xil_printf("\nSelf test success");

return XST_SUCCESS;
}

But my self test failed. The self test function is returning XST_REGISTER_ERROR. Later when I took out values of control,status registers of spi core I found that these where also not set by reset function as desired. I checked if base address is same in both XPS and SDk and were same. Also if any endianness issues where there I believe sdk will not compile.I am using xps_spi 2.02a.The xilinx sdk automatically loads functions for spi_1.06a in include and source directory . I doubt if it was problem but dont know how to override it.Also there are no s/w ip files for 2.02a in xilinx EDK installation directory.

I am stuck at this for past 2 weeks.Kindly make some suggestions.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: XPS SPI core failing selftest

Does Xilinx provided driver work correctly with your setup? What tweaks did you make to Xilinx examples?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: XPS SPI core failing selftest

Sir,

Xilinx has given hw drivers for 2.02a and sw drivers for 3.03a that are being used. However now atleast my function returns after i changed core from xps_spi to axi_spi. Now I am facing  difficulty in doing simulation with isim. none of my signals change fron X .transfer fn returns sucess.

0 Kudos