UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

XPS Tools - What do they do?

I've had to take on an existing design which includes an XPS project.What I'd really like now is something that told you what each processing functrion actually does, eg under the Hardware tool button there are several options such as 'Cleanup Hardware', 'Cleanup bit file' etce etc. Does anyone know where it is possible to find at least a basic description of whaty all these things do and, ideally, when you should use them.?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Historian
Historian

Re: XPS Tools - What do they do?

@hillipsrb wrote:

I've had to take on an existing design which includes an XPS project.What I'd really like now is something that told you what each processing functrion actually does, eg under the Hardware tool button there are several options such as 'Cleanup Hardware', 'Cleanup bit file' etce etc. Does anyone know where it is possible to find at least a basic description of whaty all these things do and, ideally, when you should use them.?

XPS is part of the EDK. You use it to design an embedded processor (MicroBlaze, PPC) into a Xilinx FPGA.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos