cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tinker23
Visitor
Visitor

Xilinx Design Tools Vivado HL Webpack 2020.2, 'xmd' error

I am currently working on Artix-A7-35T, The out-of-box GPIO demo guide( written in 2015) asked me to open a serial console( for me it is putty), and run a demo batch in windows command terminal CMD: demo_gpio_app.bat. and the xmd console error is coming: 'xmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I have ran the settings64.bat in C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2020.2, it is not working.

i wonder if it is concerned with my boards or operation system, or version of Vivado?

1. My board is Artix-A7-35T RevE, it is known that this revision of board changed his QSPI FLASH manufacturer from Micron to Spansion in late 2020( I guess it happened at that time).
  2. My operation system is Windows10 Home Edition 1909.
  3. I am using Xilinx Design Tools Vivado HL Webpack 2020.2.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tinker23
Visitor
Visitor

I was even more newbie there. From what I learned now, typing command on CMD should be available for running the GPIO demo program on this FPGA board. But I didn't try to run vivado on command line interface, on CMD, neither now.

However, I think I should open the project by .xpr file, it is compressed in ipi_solution.xpr.zip, and it is the project file recognized by vivado. Open this project in Vivado, then generate bitstream file and program to your FPGA board manually. I am not sure if it solved the problem as I am less favored in CMD, but it should avoid the 'xmd' problem. This working flow should be easy for detecting problems, and it is supported for multi platform.

0 Kudos