UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sebihepp
Visitor

Xilinx Parallel Cable III - is it supported by ISE 12.1

Hello,

I am 23 and studying IT at the university of heidelberg (germany). I would like to start projects with CPLDs and

FPGAs for my hobby and therefore I need a programmer which can be handled by ISE Webpack 12.1.

I heard that the Parallel Cable III isn't longer supported by Xilinx. Is this right? I don't find any information about that.

I have not much money and would prefer the parallel cable with a PCI-Card (parallel port) for my PC, instead of

paying 90 Euro for Digilent XUP USB Programmer or even about 200 Euro for Xilinx USB Cable. I just would like to

programm XC9500XL CPLDs, XC3S FPGAs and XCF Configuration Flashes for embedded fpga boards.

What do you recommend? Should I safe money and buy the Digilent XUP USB Programmer to prevent problems?

Or is there any other resolution?

best regards

sebihepp

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Re: Xilinx Parallel Cable III - is it supported by ISE 12.1

I will send you private message - Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Visitor m_maysoori
Visitor

Re: Xilinx Parallel Cable III - is it supported by ISE 12.1

Hi, I am Sure That Parallel Cable III is supported by Xilinx ISE 10.1 and all vertions before that.

0 Kudos