UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer thetford
Observer

checkpoint making bitgen fail

I am building a design in vivado 2014.2 that has my own custom core instantiated in a block diagram. When I build the design, synth and implementation work without errors. Then when I generate bitstream I get the following error:

Capture.PNG

The error doesn't make sense in that the signals it complains about are differential, i.e. driven by an OBUFDS in the code, and specified as a TMDS_33 in the XDC file. What is this checkpoint stuff and how do I make it go away? I suspect it is something embedded in the IP core from before I had the OBUFDS in the design, but I have no clue how to delete it. I've deleted all the runs, rebuilt stuff, repackaged the IP, but this error remains. Any idea how to make this bogus error go away?

-Jeff

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: checkpoint making bitgen fail

Hi,

Can you show us how these ports are connected in synthesized and implemented designs?

I suspect that obufds might have got trimmed for some reason and the tool assumes them as single ended.

Did you connect obufds inputs and outputs properly?

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: checkpoint making bitgen fail

This kind of DRC error might occur when you are declaring pins in an XDC file, but with no actual design behind it driving these pins.

0 Kudos