UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

design suite

I create a project using Design Suite 12.3 in windows.

I now have Ubuntu Linux 11.04.

I installed Design Duite 13.1 on linux.

I am trying to run the project.

My design passed synthesis.

I am trying to run a test bench.

I get: error concerning compilation of C code ? (although I am writing in VHDL).

Started : "Simulate Behavioral Model".

Determining files marked for global include in the design...
Running fuse...
Command Line: fuse -intstyle ise -incremental -o {/home/ratsaby/Desktop/vhdl B/VHDL_B_QUESTION/Solution/Solution/t_main_isim_beh.exe} -prj {/home/ratsaby/Desktop/vhdl B/VHDL_B_QUESTION/Solution/Solution/t_main_beh.prj} work.t_main {}
Running: /opt/Xilinx/13.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/fuse -intstyle ise -incremental -o /home/ratsaby/Desktop/vhdl B/VHDL_B_QUESTION/Solution/Solution/t_main_isim_beh.exe -prj /home/ratsaby/Desktop/vhdl B/VHDL_B_QUESTION/Solution/Solution/t_main_beh.prj work.t_main
ISim O.40d (signature 0xfb738814)
Number of CPUs detected in this system: 2
Turning on mult-threading, number of parallel sub-compilation jobs: 4
Determining compilation order of HDL files
Parsing VHDL file "/home/ratsaby/Desktop/vhdl B/VHDL_B_QUESTION/Solution/Solution/ram.vhd" into library work
Parsing VHDL file "/home/ratsaby/Desktop/vhdl B/VHDL_B_QUESTION/Solution/Solution/mux.vhd" into library work
Parsing VHDL file "/home/ratsaby/Desktop/vhdl B/VHDL_B_QUESTION/Solution/Solution/control.vhd" into library work
Parsing VHDL file "/home/ratsaby/Desktop/vhdl B/VHDL_B_QUESTION/Solution/Solution/main.vhd" into library work
Parsing VHDL file "/home/ratsaby/Desktop/vhdl B/VHDL_B_QUESTION/Solution/Solution/t_main.vhd" into library work
Starting static elaboration
Completed static elaboration
Fuse Memory Usage: 30812 KB
Fuse CPU Usage: 220 ms
Using precompiled package standard from library std
Using precompiled package std_logic_1164 from library ieee
Using precompiled package std_logic_arith from library ieee
Using precompiled package std_logic_unsigned from library ieee
Compiling architecture behavioral of entity ram [\ram(7,5)\]
Compiling architecture behavioral of entity mux [\mux(5)\]
Compiling architecture behavioral of entity control [\control(7)\]
Compiling architecture behavioral of entity main [\main(7,5)\]
Compiling architecture behavior of entity t_main
Time Resolution for simulation is 1ps.
Waiting for 2 sub-compilation(s) to finish...
FATAL_ERROR:Simulator:Fuse.cpp:209:1.128.12.1 - Failed to compile one of the generated C files.

Please recompile with -mt off -v 1 switch to identify which design unit failed.  Process will terminate. For technical support on this issue, please open a WebCase with this project attached at http://www.xilinx.com/support.
FATAL_ERROR:Simulator:Fuse.cpp:209:1.128.12.1 - Failed to compile one of the generated C files.

Please recompile with -mt off -v 1 switch to identify which design unit failed.  Process will terminate. For technical support on this issue, please open a WebCase with this project attached at http://www.xilinx.com/support.

Process "Simulate Behavioral Model" failed

Any advise ?

Dag

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Advisor evgenis1
Advisor

Re: design suite

Try to follow the message "Please recompile with -mt off -v 1 switch ..."

That will provide more verbose information on this error.

Thanks,

Evgeni

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Do I need to recompile C program ?

Which one ?

I decided to go back to Windows XP. I installed Design Suite 12.4.

Now my project runs well (synthesis).

However, I get a license error whenI try to run simulation.

After I created a floating license I placed the path to the  Xilinx.lic in both variables XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE,  LM_LICENSE_FILE. But I still get an error: "ERROR:Security:14 - No feature was available for 'ISIM'."

ISim M.81d (signature 0xcb73ee62)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO:Security:60 - The XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is set to 'C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\Xilinx.lic'.
INFO:Security:62 - The LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is set to 'C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\Xilinx.lic'.
INFO:Security:68 - Please run the Xilinx License Configuration Manager
       (xlcm or "Manage Xilinx Licenses")
       to assist in obtaining a license.
ERROR:Security:14 - No feature was available for 'ISIM'.

Cannot connect to license server system.
 The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
 the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
 port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Feature:       ISIM
Server name:   10.0.0.2
License path:  C:/.Xilinx\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/data\*.lic;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\XilinxFree.lic;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\EDK/data/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\Xilinx.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10.  System Error: 10061 "WinSock: Connection refused"
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.acresso.com".
----------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: A full ISim License cannot be checked out due to the issues listed above. Please use Xilinx License Configuration Manager to fix these issues in order to check out a full ISim license.
WARNING: ISim will run in Lite mode. Please refer to the ISim documentation for more information on the differences between the Lite and the Full version.
This is a Lite version of ISim.
FATAL: DIDAT version mismatch in DIDAT file "isim/precompiled.exe.sim/ieee/p_2592010699.didat", found 36e8438f expecting cb73ee62. 
ERROR: The simulation failed to launch for the following reason:
   The Simulation shut down unexpectedly during initialization.  Please review the ISim log (isim.log) for details.
Please shut down ISim and retry the simulation.  If the problem persists, please contact Xilinx support.
Time resolution is 1 fs
Unable to execute live simulation command.

The simulation has terminated.
ISim>  

Any suggestion
?

thanks

Dag

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer rho88
Observer

Why did you generate a floating license?  You are pointing directly to the .lic file locally on your machine, so don't you want a node-locked license?  I believe a floating license requires a server running as a host.  Look here for more info

0 Kudos
Newbie bernij

I had a similar/same issue as you and found the solution posted here:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/ISim-under-Ubuntu-11-04/td-p/143852

that is: get ISIM/fuse to use of gcc-4.4, instead of my default gcc-4.6:

sudo rm /usr/bin/gcc

sudo ln -s /usr/bin/gcc-4.4 /usr/bin/gcc

this worked for me with ISE 13.1 on debian 3.0.0-1-amd64

0 Kudos