cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zaidalsadane
Visitor
Visitor

fpga verilog coding

I am a student of MS in electrical and electronics. I need your help . the teacher gave me a thesis topic (image registration of unmanned aerial vehicle ) using correlation(normalized cross correlation) to find overlapping between 2 images.the code should be written  in fpga(verilog codes)

i am using nexys artix 7 board and vivado 2018.3

i think it is hard for me and i dont know what i should do and how

best regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@zaidalsadane,

i think it is hard for me and i dont know what i should do and how

You instructor should give you the details or breakup. He/She should also be available for clearing project specific doubts.

Nevertheless this looks like an image acquisition and then image processing task. It can be broadly divided into these 2 parts.

First and foremost you must be comfortable with RTL coding with Verilog. Next you should know how to implement a design on FPGA and get to see your design working on real silicon.

If you are comfortable with the above, then I guess you can focus on the real work. The first challenge is to get the images/s from the acquiring system in to the FPGA in a format with which you can do further processing. Only when this is done should you go for processing of the received images. Well this is a very broad break up and without further technical details I can't comment more.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos

@zaidalsadane 

This is a Q&A forum. 'I need your help' is not a question.

You have a piece of work to do and no one else is going to do it for you and post it here.

Sorry if I look harsh, but I think it's how things are.

I know how you feel. I've been there. How to do that? Where should I begin?

My advice is: look for papers, books, articles, etc. on a similar topic. You might find similar projects on github, etc. Just a day of research can produce stuff to read for a week or two. After that, you will (hopefully) have a clearer idea of how to do it. Also, you will be in a position of discussing with your teacher how to approach it.

After you learn how to implement correlation in an FPGA, you will code it and won't work at all. Then you can come back here with real, concrete questions we might be able to help.

0 Kudos