Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venky228
Visitor
Visitor

help regarding ADC_DAC

Hello to every one,

im very new to vhdl coading and i need to do project on altium nano board 3000, which uses spartan 3an. it contains ADC084SO21 and DAC084S085. Now im having the code for ADC_DAC Interfacing, ie if i give analog signal to ADC im getting the same signal through DAC. Now for the same input signal i want the amplitude of output signal through DAC as twice the amplitude of input(ie if i give 1v  signal in adc , i have to get 2v through dac ). Now i want to know what should i do in the vhdl coading inorder to increase the output for same input.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bassman59
Historian
Historian

@venky228 wrote:

Hello to every one,

im very new to vhdl coading (sic) and i need to do project on altium nano board 3000, which uses spartan 3an. it contains ADC084SO21 and DAC084S085. Now im having the code for ADC_DAC Interfacing, ie if i give analog signal to ADC im getting the same signal through DAC. Now for the same input signal i want the amplitude of output signal through DAC as twice the amplitude of input(ie if i give 1v  signal in adc , i have to get 2v through dac ). Now i want to know what should i do in the vhdl coading (sic) inorder to increase the output for same input.

thanks in advance

y <= x * 2;

would be the place to start.

The implementation details are left as an exercise for the reader.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos