Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

how to access ftp site ?

hi,

I'm new to xilinx.

Lately I bought nexys 4. I try to use it under xubuntu with vivado. Vivado instalation went well, but I have problem with cable driver instalation, and windriver6, ... so I didnt connetced to development board yet.

The are some useful tutorials about how to resolve my problems but they ftp://ftp.xilinx.com and I cannot acess it (530 Login incorrect).

What login/pass should I use?

thx.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

I doubt if the ftp site is still up.

Below is the method to re-install the Jungo Drivers(cable driver - windriver)

(1)    In a command prompt browse to your C:/Xilinx/10.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/nt directory on 32-bit installs. i.e. type cd C:/Xilinx/<ISE_VERSION>/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/nt

Check the figure below on where to access the ISE command prompt. If you are using a windows XP PC, you need to check under All Programs (under Xilinx Installation)  

(2)    To uninstall the jungo drivers type the command:  wdreg -compat -inf windrvr6.inf uninstall

(3)    To reinstall the jungo drivers type the command:  wdreg -compat -inf windrvr6.inf install

Let me know if you still have some problem after doing this.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

One more related AR - http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44397.html

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I didnt mention that I use linux(64). Files from ftp that I was looking for may help me with windrive compilation ( i still have problems with compilation ).

Do you have experience with nexys development boards? Can I use it only with usb cable?

And you mentioned ISE and I try to use Vivado, are those ide's exchangeable ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Can you paste the ftp link here?
So that we will try download the files and share them with you.

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos