UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor zly
Visitor

how to connect two or more fpgas via ethernet

I'm doing a project requiring two or more fpgas connected via ethernet port to communicate, xilinx have the lwip examples for communication between pc and fpga via ethernet, are there any example for fpga connection? Or has anyone here have the experience connecting boards by ethernet? Thanks,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: how to connect two or more fpgas via ethernet

@zly wrote:

I'm doing a project requiring two or more fpgas connected via ethernet port to communicate, xilinx have the lwip examples for communication between pc and fpga via ethernet, are there any example for fpga connection? Or has anyone here have the experience connecting boards by ethernet? Thanks,

Why should the Ethernet communication between the PC and the FPGA be any different from FPGA-to-FPGA?

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
Visitor zly
Visitor

what about multiple boards? can I just connect them on a ethernet switch and send data to each other by address?

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@zly wrote:

what about multiple boards? can I just connect them on a ethernet switch and send data to each other by address?

Why not? That's why I asked: what's the difference between FPGA-to-PC vs FPGA-to-FPGA (or PC-to-PC) over Ethernet?

0 Kudos
Visitor zly
Visitor

Thanks, very new to fpga, not familiar with communicating among more than one boards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

@zly wrote:

Thanks, very new to fpga, not familiar with communicating among more than one boards.

it's not an FPGA question. It's a "how does ethernet work?" question.

0 Kudos