UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor atulmahajan
Visitor

how to use block RAM in virtex4 for FSM

hi

i have to implement a small FSM on virtex4 using the block RAM. i have the state transition table for the entire FSM. now i  am thinking of storing the input and the current state of the FSM as the memory address and the next state and the output as the memory content. can someone guide me how to proceed with this.

thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: how to use block RAM in virtex4 for FSM

Try the option in XST --> Right click --> Properties --> HDL Options --> Advanced --> FSM Style = BRAM first.

I know the option is there but I haven't try it yet.

If that option can't give you the result as you expected, you have to encode the FSM manually.

Let us know the result :-)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Newbie subramani.h

plz can to tell ,, how write fsm for block ram ip core,,, , i have to read date 0 to 7 address ,,, after 100 clk cycle ... i have to read nxt 8 to 14 address ,,,, again after 100 clk cyle  15 t0 22 address and go on .,, plz its very argent ,, my project 

@unicorn70 wrote:
Try the option in XST --> Right click --> Properties --> HDL Options --> Advanced --> FSM Style = BRAM first.

I know the option is there but I haven't try it yet.

i am not find this option in ise 14.1 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@subramani.h wrote:

plz can to tell ,, how write fsm for block ram ip core,,, , i have to read date 0 to 7 address ,,, after 100 clk cycle ... i have to read nxt 8 to 14 address ,,,, again after 100 clk cyle  15 t0 22 address and go on .,, plz its very argent ,, my project 

It may be urgent for you, but we're not going to do your homework for you.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos