UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

interfacing standard parallel ADC with Zynq

Hello,

I'm wondering what would be the best approach to interface a 'standard' TTL parallel ADC, like a 12 - 16 bit wide, with clock ranging from 10 to 80MHz. So just a bunch of datalines and a single clock. The continuous data needs to be streamed to the DDR3 memory using AXI-4 DMA. Preferably the ADC clock can come from an external oscillator (TCXO), so it is definitely asynchronous to the internal clocks of the PL

- would a good approach to build a custom IP that converts this data to an AXI-4 Stream?

- or would it be possible to re-use the video IP blocks for this somehow?

- how best to handle the clock domain crossing ? put an async fifo on the AXI-4 stream

- what if I want to add some AXI-4 Lite control interface to this custom IP block (for example to enable/disable data flow, or to perform some math on the data (shifting bits up / down, ...) , how do I handle the clock domain crossings between the AXI-4 lite registes and the ADC data manipulation? The AXI-4 lite will run on one of the PS_FCLKx clocks, while the custom IP will generate an AXI-Stream synchronous to the external TCXO

Is there any tutorial on interfacing a simple parallel ADC? Didn't find any ... and I searched well ... strange, 'cause many data acquisition applications require such a design.

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos