UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor presstek
Visitor

merging data into a "bin" file

Jump to solution

I have a product that must be calibrated as part of the manufacturing process. The calibration data must then be stored in 2 files and merged with a "default" FPGA bin file. The problem is that this process works fine on our engineering computers, but the manufacturer is a seperate company and does not have xilinx software. I have tried downloading the "WebPack" and "Developers Toolbox" but neither of them works.

So, my question is, is there an easy way to generate a bin file without purchasing a xilinx license for every calibration station just so we can run bitgen ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Instructor
Instructor

Re: merging data into a "bin" file

Jump to solution

I think you want to look at "data2mem".  If the data you merge with the existing bitstream ll goes into

block RAMs, this utility allows you to merge the file data into the bitstream after running bitgen, so

you wouldn't need bitgen in the manufacturing system.  data2mem was developed for merging

embedded processor code into a bitstream, but there's no reason it can't be used for other

purposes like your calibration data.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/data2mem.pdf

HTH,

Gabor

-- Gabor
2 Replies
Instructor
Instructor

Jump to solution

I think you want to look at "data2mem".  If the data you merge with the existing bitstream ll goes into

block RAMs, this utility allows you to merge the file data into the bitstream after running bitgen, so

you wouldn't need bitgen in the manufacturing system.  data2mem was developed for merging

embedded processor code into a bitstream, but there's no reason it can't be used for other

purposes like your calibration data.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/data2mem.pdf

HTH,

Gabor

-- Gabor
Visitor presstek
Visitor

Jump to solution

That worked. I generated a new bit file. Now I'll have to give it to the hardware engineers to see if it's correct.

Thank you gszakacs !!!

0 Kudos