UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

save Bitstream files in Vivado

Dear All,

How to save bitstream files (*.bit and  *.bmm) into a well-known directory so that I can download it into FPGA specifically. I have so many versions of a design with different value of a parameters. I want to save all these bitstream files related to different value of parameter in a directory and then after a while I can download it into the chip in such a way that I can make sure which one is relevant to which value of parameter. 

thanks for your attentiuon

Meysam

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar muravin
Scholar

Re: save Bitstream files in Vivado

Meysam,

If you are using scriptology and TCL, this is very easy to do.

What you need is to get an array of these parameter into a string variable, then create a name for a synthesis run reflecting the parameter(s) value(s) used.

You can do it in GUI, but putting a purely hypothethical example for TCL:

set param1 [get_property $some_property [get_ips $ip1_pattern] ]

set param2 [get_property $some_property [get_ips $ip2_pattern] ]

create_run -name synth_param1_eq_$param1_param2_eq_$param2 -flow {Vivado Synthesis 2014} -strategy "Vivado Synthesis Defaults" -constrset constrs_1

create_run -name impl_param1_eq_$param1_param2_eq_$param2 -strategy "Performance_Retiming" -constrset constrs_1 -parent_run synth_param1_eq_$param1_param2_eq_$param2

current_run -implementation [get_runs impl_param1_eq_$param1_param2_eq_$param2]
start_run

You will get a bitfile sitting in a run folder named as detailed above, or copying it into folder that cna be created using the same string manipulation.

Regards

Vlad

Vladislav Muravin
0 Kudos