UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

status of windows 10 & Vivado 2015.2

I am considering upgrading my main windows machine to win10. I installed a windows 10 VM and installed 2015.2 on it. Install finished without any problems. Vivado also started with no problems and I created a default processor project. But as expected synthesis failed becaise it couldn't find a license. I saw the first problem at this point. I used he Vivado license manager tool to copy a license file which I think should have worked by making a copy of the license file (my license file is not activation based) but it didn't see any licenses after copy. So I added the environment variables which point to a license server which is serving the same licenses and the tool couldn't see them either. But Vivado was able to see checkout a license from the license manager and generate a bit file. One minor issue was that checking out licenses was extremely slow but this could be explained by the license deamon running on the VM host not in the VM itself.

I'll wait for 2015.3 before upgrading to see if Xilinx adds support for win10.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: status of windows 10 & Vivado 2015.2

Hi,

The Windows OS support in 2015.2 is

• Windows 7 and 7 SP1 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese.

• Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese.

• Vivado® Lab Edition is the only Xilinx toolset that supports Windows 7 SP1 Professional, 32-bit Operating System. Lab Edition also supports the 64-bit systems.

For more deatils refer to http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

Regards

Praveen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

When on the Xilinx roadmap is it planned to officially support Windows 10?

2016.1 ?

0 Kudos

Hello @andrewlan,

Windows 10 was recently released so it will take time for Xilinx to support this new OS. 

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I appreciate it will take time, but there must be a planned support date on the tools roadmap?

Or is Xilinx waiting to see customer take up on win10 before even considering committing resource to this task?

It would be nice to know even as an "estimated date" so OS planning can be done on customer sites. 

0 Kudos
Visitor etb513
Visitor

Getting official support for Windows 8 took well over a year if I recall correctly. However, while a lot of people and businesses completely avoided Win8 due to the interface overhaul, I imagine people will pick up Win10 much quicker, and this would encourage faster support. Hopefully they'll support it by v2016.1.

0 Kudos
Visitor xuroot
Visitor

I found 1 issue for Vivado 2015.2 in win 10. 

I have a simple set of VHDL codes. The synth and imply in ubuntu os, same machine and same version vivado, only takes 1+3 mins.  But in win 10, it takes 4+12 mins. 

0 Kudos
Visitor xuroot
Visitor

It's a bug inside win10. 

I newly install a win 10, and vivado 2015.2. The speed of vivado is as same as in win7 and win 8

0 Kudos