UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie hungpotter9

using ISE 11

I am writing a program using state machine and component. I have an error and i do not understand. This is : ERROR:HDLParsers:164 - "C:/Documents and Settings/ex1/project/main_project.vhd" Line 104. parse error, unexpected PORT, expecting OPENPAR or TICK or LSQBRACK. Could you explain for me ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Professor
Professor

Re: using ISE 11

This very illuminating message usually occurs when you have a simple syntax error

like leaving out a semicolon or forgetting to close a parenthesis.  The error is either

in the line mentioned (104) or more likely on the preceding line.  If you post a bit of your

code someone might be able to help further.

The message itself indicates that the PORT keyword was found when it was

expecting a left parenthesis, apostrophe, or left square bracket character "(", "'" or "["

regards,

Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: using ISE 11

I would also recommend you move your project to a directory with no spaces in the path.

Not an official answer, but a practice I started a long time ago before I worked here and have seen prove beneficial many times.

They've tried to escape these properly (a space is traditionally a command line separator for the tool arguement), but there are a lot of tools and usage models.

There are likely still a few corner cases where this can cause issues.

Just a friendly unofficial suggestion...

bt

0 Kudos