Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sythez
Participant
Participant

virtex6 to spartan6

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have worked with virtex 6 (lx75t) and I want to change FPGA to spartan6.

In my design, there are some modules generated by COREGEN.

Is there easy way to convert virtex COREGEN modules to spartan ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
egrigor
Contributor
Contributor

You can do this on a Coregen Project-wide basis.

Change you Project's device settings from Virtex-6 to Spartan6.

In Coregen, select Project | Regenerate Project IP (Under Current Project Settings).  This will regenerate all of your existing Virtex-6 coregen IPs to the new target device.

I found this to be very handy as I needed to retarget close to 20 existing cores to a new target device, and doing this manually for each core would have taken way too much time.  It was all done using this method in a few minutes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
eilert
Teacher
Teacher

Hi,

when you load your project in ISE and change the target to the desired S6 device, it should be quite simple.

Just start the implementation and wait for the messages. :-)

If not triggered automatically, you can use the "regenerate core" function for each core.

There may be some exceptions if you are using some very special cores that are just not available for S6 devices due to HW limitations.

Have a nice synthesis

Eilert

0 Kudos
egrigor
Contributor
Contributor

You can do this on a Coregen Project-wide basis.

Change you Project's device settings from Virtex-6 to Spartan6.

In Coregen, select Project | Regenerate Project IP (Under Current Project Settings).  This will regenerate all of your existing Virtex-6 coregen IPs to the new target device.

I found this to be very handy as I needed to retarget close to 20 existing cores to a new target device, and doing this manually for each core would have taken way too much time.  It was all done using this method in a few minutes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos