UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor groupeeseo
Visitor

xadc and system generator

hello everyone,

I have a kintex 7 KC705 with an XADC analog to digital converter integreted in the card.

I would like to use this ADC inside a system generator design but i do not how.

I saw tha vivado offers a wizard for XADC, i could try to configure the XADC with this wizard, than recuperate the generated  HDL codes inside system generator using a black box. even in this case i do not know how to do it, in detail... how  can I configure the analog input/ digital output; how can I generate the HDL codes from the vivado design?

Any suggestion or help will be reaaly appreciated

Best

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: xadc and system generator

Hi,

Few Resource and guides for XADC.

Check Pg 369 of the 7 series library guide for the information and instantiation template for XADC wizard and also example instantiation template  in Pg 7 Series Library guide

1) http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug480_7Series_XADC.pdf

2) Logicore XADC WIzard Guide

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor groupeeseo
Visitor

thanks Anirudh for your kind answer. I had already had look to the documentation you suggested, I made some steps forward but still I cannot use the XADC inside system generator. My procedure is the following: I run vivado or logicore to design my XADC via the wizard, I recuperate the VHD codes and I assign them to a black box in system generator. This procedure creates an xilinx block with inputs and outputs. The problem is that I do not know what I have to link to the inputs of the created block, and how I can recuperate the digital data. In example there are input ports called DCLK or DO, I know that the come from the DRP but nowhere is written the FPGA pins they correspond to. Especially this DCLK looks to be very important for the XADC but as I said, I do not know the FPGA pin It corresponds to. Also the role or VP VN and GPIO ports is not clear to me, more in detail VP and VN are 1 bit ports? So can I use them as clock sources? And the two GPIOs are input or output, analog or digital? Thanks again for the help
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

DCLK and DO are internal interface prts and do not connect to external pins of the FPGA. The VP and VN are external pins and are the analog differential input pins.
------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos