UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

xapp1052 -driverMgr.dll version problem

hi,

I am working with ML605 virtex 6 board and I could test its PCIe x8 gen 1 successfully. I implemented the BMD design mentioned in xapp1052. The xapp1052 BMD design source code for Host side (driver and GUI software) are provided by Xilinx.

Now I am going to change the GUI (written in visual basic 6.0) and its associated .dll source code (written in Visual c++ 6.0).

But when I recompile the source code for .dll program the version of generated .dll changes from 2.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.0.

The version of driverMgr.dll in xapp1052 is 2.0.0.0 (85 kB) while it changes after compiling to 1.0.0.0 (65kB) as shown in the attached image.

This leads to an unknown error when I test the GUI and the program crashes and closes.

(I have registered and copied the new .dll in win/system32 directory and I searched for all other posible issues on the net)

How I can recompile the .dll source code (without any modifications) to achieve the exact driverMgr.dll file provided in xapp1052?

untitled.bmp
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Newbie kelvinsmith

Re: xapp1052 -driverMgr.dll version problem

Try to reinstall or upgrade the windows xp drivers..

Contributor

Re: xapp1052 -driverMgr.dll version problem

I think that i have nothing to do with windows. this is just a C++ program which generates the .dll file.

I think that there is somthing ti fo with cisual studio-6.0 confgurations. I gusee that there should be somthing that connects the project to a version check and version update app.

0 Kudos