UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor pottsmgg
Visitor

xilinx spartan 6 lx9 microboard ise driver

Jump to solution

I just bought spartan 6 lx9 microboard and have a good build. The IMPACT tool connot find the board. I can't fine the driver. 

The only way I could get a Coolrunner II to download was to buy the Xilinx USB tool and cable.

Do I have the same problem here? Can I ever get the ISE to recognize the board or should I just go and buy another Xilinx USB tool  and save the time trying to connect "the board to USB to computer to IMPACT procedure" ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Re: xilinx spartan 6 lx9 microboard ise driver

Jump to solution

The CP2102 USB-UART is the Micro-USB connector next to the RJ45. This is completely separate from USB-JTAG Atmel bridge connected to the Type A.

The 14.5 tools have the Digilent driver built into them. You should not need to install these manually. However, if you suspect that's the problem, you re-run just the Digilent installer in the Xilinx tool install:

C:\Xilinx\14.5\ISE_DS\common\bin\nt64\digilent

Bryan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

iMPACT should be able to find the on-board JTAG (which is the Type A USB on the MicroBoard). What version of Xilinx tools are you using? Do you see "Digilent USB Device" in Device Manager after plugging in the MicroBoard? I just tried this in iMPACT 14.5, and it finds the MicroBoard and I can configure it with a bitstream. Are you using the MicroBoard Configuration Guide available on the Avnet DRC?

Bryan

0 Kudos
Visitor pottsmgg
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am using ISE 14.5. The panel for Impact names ISE IMPACT (p.58f)

Control Panel sees Sillicon Labs CP2102 USB to Uart Bridge Controller. I have deleted this driver and it still comes up in Other Devices. Cant find Dilighent Adept drivers anywhere. Will try the instructions you gave.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

The CP2102 USB-UART is the Micro-USB connector next to the RJ45. This is completely separate from USB-JTAG Atmel bridge connected to the Type A.

The 14.5 tools have the Digilent driver built into them. You should not need to install these manually. However, if you suspect that's the problem, you re-run just the Digilent installer in the Xilinx tool install:

C:\Xilinx\14.5\ISE_DS\common\bin\nt64\digilent

Bryan

0 Kudos
Visitor pottsmgg
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks

I finally realized what I was doing wrong.

I had used the large USB earlier and it did not find the device so I switched to the mini and it did not find the device so I went back to the larger USB connection and it was found.

Program loaded and is running.

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos