cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siva_krishna
Visitor
Visitor

C/RTL Co-simulation failed when using dataflow directive

I tried to perform C/RTL co-simulation of my design and it's failing. My design contains two accelerators. I have tested them independently and hey are working fine. So,I tried to pipeline them using FIFO's between them. I have analyzed both the codes and decided that FIFO of depth one is sufficient. So, I used FIFO's of depth 10 and connected both of them using DATFLOW directive. Then, it is failing in C/RTL co-simulation. I do not uinderstand why it is failing. Also how to calculate FIFO depths between two modules which are producing and consuming at different rates and times(i.e. I have additional modules also to pipeline). I am attaching my project here. You have to change file paths in test bench. The error obtained is as follows

CRITICAL WARNING: [COSIM 212-4] *** C/RTL co-simulation finished: FAIL ***
command 'ap_source' returned error code
while executing
"source E:/vhls_siva/all/solution1/cosim.tcl"
invoked from within
"hls::main E:/vhls_siva/all/solution1/cosim.tcl"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel 1 hls::main {*}$args"
(procedure "hls_proc" line 5)
invoked from within
"hls_proc $argv"
Finished C/RTL cosimulation.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
saradapr
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @siva_krishna,

Same issue discussed below:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/Cosim-Fails-with-error-quot-undefined-reference-to-AESL-ORIG-DUT/m-p/712360/highlight/true#M6926

Thanks,

Sarada

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos