Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newport_j
Adventurer
Adventurer

Cannot get a step in tutorial to work

The chapter 4 tutorial on page 64 you say to execute:

vivado_hls -f  run_hls.tcl

See the attached file. I have been running that command all day with no problem and it suddenly stooped working. See the second attached file.

I am using windows 10. What could be wrung? I have used Linux for the last several years and now I am back on Win 10. I am rusty.

I do not know how to debug the error message. I think it has to do with the path but beyond that I am lost.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Capture14.GIF
Capture12.GIF
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ddemmin
Participant
Participant

The vivado_hls executable is not in your path.  You most likely need to run the settings64.bat file in the vivado installation folder to set this for you. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/47821.html 

Or as the tutorial states in chapter 1: 

Step 1: Create a Tcl file 1. Open the Vivado HLS Command Prompt. ° On Windows, use Start > All Programs > Xilinx Design Tools > Vivado 2017.4 > Vivado HLS > Vivado HLS 2017.4 Command Prompt

which should set the appropriate path. 

shameera

Hi @newport_j,

It seems that you are trying to execute these commands in normal windows command prompt due to which it shows command not recognoized.

As clearly mentioned in the UG 871 tutorial you have to execute these commands in Vivado HLS 2017.4 command prompt.

HLS.JPG

Thanks & Regards,
A.Shameer.

0 Kudos
newport_j
Adventurer
Adventurer

That brings me to a good question that I should have asked yesterday. What is the difference between a command line prompt

and a Xilinx command line prompt?

If you see what I see when I start a command line prompt, then you can it is in subdirectory from C:/Xilinx.

I put the unzipped reference files in a subdirectory right off of desktop. I may be using the wrong nomenclature here,

but I think that you can get the correct idea.

Where should I place the zipped reference files so that I can get to them and have the correct path?

I just unzipped them into a sub-directory right off of the Desktop directory.   

I remember the tutorial saying that you can put them in a directory of your choosing as long as you keep the directories and paths straight. Yes, but it is hard for me to keep them straight when using Windows 10. Maybe I should have done this in Linux, but (where I know a lot more), but currently I have no place to install it.

I have a c:\Xilinx directory on my C: drive, but I only have the Xilinx  webpack installed for now and I believe that there is no design files directory. That is why I chose to create a subdirectory right off of the desktop,  For my design files. Since I only have the webpack installed what is the most convenient directory to put them in if I want to follow the steps of the tutorial that I discussed in an earlier post in this thread?  

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Newport_j

0 Kudos
newport_j
Adventurer
Adventurer

Please understand that the posted link you have shown me (see attached file) is a dead end.

It does not go to any helpful site.

Respectfully,

Newport_j

2018-02-22_9-15-48.png
0 Kudos