UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer anujvaishnav
Observer

Change data bus size for AXI interface when using OpenCL

Hi,

I am trying to get access to memory with more than 32 bits but it seems by default Vivado HLS tends to generate 32-bit bus for data access (and 32/64 bit bus for addresses). Is there any way to increase this to something like 128/256/512 wide data access?

I have attempted using custom data types from C lib of Vivado HLS but it seems that is incompatible with clc.h.

Also using datatypes like long2 does not change the interface width as per synthesis report. 

The HLS pragmas on the interface are also not allowed for OpenCL so we cannot go change the interface type either.

The board I am using is Zync Ultarscale+ (zcu102).

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Anuj

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Change data bus size for AXI interface when using OpenCL

Hi @anujvaishnav,

You can increase the data with using vectored datatype in openCL. Please refer below example for more details:

https://github.com/Xilinx/SDSoC_Examples/tree/master/ocl/getting_started/wide_mem_rw_ocl

-Heera

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer anujvaishnav
Observer

Hi @heeran,

Using the example from Repo, it still seems to be generating WDATA and RDATA of 32 bit rather than 128 bit (picture below).

I assume it reads the data in 32 bit chunk from memory and then starts processing it as whole 128 bit variable. 

Is there any way to change the 32 bit WDATA and RDATA in itself?

Regards,

Anuj

Screenshot from 2018-05-02 16-30-26.png

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @anujvaishnav,

Using the same example in SDx 2018.2 release, it seems to be generating RDATA & WDATA OF 128 bits width (picture below). 

Regards,

Rajat

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos