cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Compiling with VIVADO HLS on Ubuntu 64

Hi , 

I am trying out one of the examples for vivado hls for the application note: XAPP1167, and I am getting the following problems

when firing make sim and for the different projects:

• for sw/fast-corners:

I am getting this: error: no matching function for call to ‘FAST_t_opr(hls::Mat<1080, 1920, 16>&, hls::Mat<1080, 1920, 0>&, int&, bool&, int [16][2])’

I havent edited anything within the code. 

• for sw/erode:

I am getting this :

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory

I tried working around this problem by : sudo cp /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/crti.o /usr/bin/

Yet, it still reports the same problem.

I thought of using usr/bin/g++ instead of the one that comes with Vivado_HLS/.../tools/gcc/bin/g++, but that also did not work out.

Any suggestions ? Thanks :) !

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I have heard that it can be difficult to get HLS to work on Ubuntu. If you can't run it on one of supported OSes, you may want to give CentOS a try, which tend to have much fewer issues than Ubuntu.

@mesopotamia.scorpio wrote:

Hi , 

I am trying out one of the examples for vivado hls for the application note: XAPP1167, and I am getting the following problems

when firing make sim and for the different projects:

• for sw/fast-corners:

I am getting this: error: no matching function for call to ‘FAST_t_opr(hls::Mat<1080, 1920, 16>&, hls::Mat<1080, 1920, 0>&, int&, bool&, int [16][2])’

I havent edited anything within the code. 

• for sw/erode:

I am getting this :

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory

I tried working around this problem by : sudo cp /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/crti.o /usr/bin/

Yet, it still reports the same problem.

I thought of using usr/bin/g++ instead of the one that comes with Vivado_HLS/.../tools/gcc/bin/g++, but that also did not work out.

Any suggestions ? Thanks :) !

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Highlighted

To add, the list of supported OSes can be found in Page 12 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos