UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie aparna_g_r

Creating ip for image processing

Hello, 

I am working on a matrix 256*256 and want to find the absolute of matrix.  Can anybody please help me about this?? 

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Creating ip for image processing

Hello @aparna_g_r,

Images are processed as stream of pixels in FPGA. So you can think of processing it on each pixel. I assume that you want to find the "Absolute Value" of the given image. If the data is "floating point" then "Floating Point IP for Absolute Value" can be used. Or if the data is in "fixed point" format then simple 2's complement arithmetic technique can be used. 

Regards,

Urvish 

Best Regards,
Urvish
0 Kudos
Newbie aparna_g_r

Hello urvish@htic

Thank you for reply. Can you please suggest me the sample code as I am new to HLS.  

Regards, 

Aparna

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Dear @aparna_g_r,

Please tell me whether you are working with fixed/floating point arithmetic. I can give you a VHDL based implementation. 

Best Regards,
Urvish
0 Kudos
Newbie aparna_g_r

Hello urvish@htic

I am working on a complex data and I need to take ifft of it the find the sum of square values.  I am looking forward to create an IP using hls and use it in vivado. 

Thank you, 

Aparna G.  Raut

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Dear @aparna_g_r,

I do not have an extensive experience with Vivado HLS. I prefer writing the codes using HDL. So I might not be able to help you more in this regard. 

Regards,

Urvish

Best Regards,
Urvish
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Newbie aparna_g_r

Hello urvish@htic

Okay.  Thank you for your help. 

Regards, 

Aparna G.  Raut