Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BradleyB9
Observer
Observer

Error calling err = cl::Platform::get(&platforms), error code is: -1001

Jump to solution

I am trying to run software emulation on a vitis accelerated application using Vitis 2019.2. I am using the AWS FPGA AMI image without an FPGA attached. I am able to compile the host and kernel without errors but when I run the program as follows:

./host_executable ./xclbinfile

This produces the following error

[XRT] ERROR: No devices found
/home/centos/Desktop/FPGAMiner/nheqminer/crypto/xcl2.h:48 Error calling err = cl::Platform::get(&platforms), error code is: -1001
/home/centos/Desktop/**/**/**/xcl2.h:48 Error calling err = cl::Platform::get(&platforms), error code is: -1001
*** Error in `./host_executable': corrupted double-linked list: 0x00007fd420019e10 ***
/home/centos/Desktop/**/**/**/xcl2.h:48 Error calling err = cl::Platform::get(&platforms), error code is: -1001
*** Error in `./host_executable': corrupted size vs. prev_size: 0x00007fd4200195d0 ***

Please let me know if I can provide any more info or if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BradleyB9
Observer
Observer

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was reading in my .xo file instead of the .xclbin file!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bchebrol
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @BradleyB9 ,

I guess you need to set the emulation mode to sw_emu. Can you run the following command and test the design.

1. setenv XCL_EMULATION_MODE sw_emu

2. ./host_executable ./xclbinfile

Thanks,

Vishnu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
BradleyB9
Observer
Observer

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was reading in my .xo file instead of the .xclbin file!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos