UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor abnerlim
Visitor

Error when apply dataflow directive in Vivado HLS

Hello,

I applied the dataflow directive to the top module of my design. But it gives me an error:

@E [XFORM-722] Found unsupported dataflow constructs in function : control flows are not allowed outside of loops.

There is no loops in main function, the loops are all in sub-functions and I have unroll them. 

Have tried fixing it whole day, still get this error. Anyone know what is the real cause of this error?

Thanks in advance for replying my post.

Abner
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Error when apply dataflow directive in Vivado HLS

For dataflow to work, each function or loop needs to be able to have data flow unconditionally into the next. It's likely your design contains control code around the functions or loops, such that some of them are conditionally executed.

if (some condition)

function1

function2

function3

If these conditions, or control statemens exists, try to push them into the function or loops.

You may also want to file a web case with support that the message should be clearer.

0 Kudos