UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

HLS 2018.2, importing ap_utils.h generates many warnings

Hi all,

We are now evaluating Vivado 2018.2. I see that if I add #include "ap_utils.h" to our code (e.g. to access ap_wait()), it generates crazy warning messages, like:

/opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/include/etc/autopilot_ssdm_op.h:277:30: note: in expansion of macro ‘SSDM_SPEC_ATTR’
     void _ssdm_DataPack(...) SSDM_SPEC_ATTR;
                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/include/etc/autopilot_ssdm_op.h:152:78: warning: ‘overloadable’ attribute directive ignored [-Wattributes]
 #define SSDM_SPEC_ATTR __attribute__ ((nothrow)) __attribute__((overloadable))
                                                                              ^
/opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/include/etc/autopilot_ssdm_op.h:278:34: note: in expansion of macro ‘SSDM_SPEC_ATTR’
     void _ssdm_SpecDataPack(...) SSDM_SPEC_ATTR;
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And the actual log is huuuuge. It prints this messages many many times (and pollutes our log files...). 

• What is this thing about? Can it be safely ignored?
  • Is it there any workaround to prevent such messages?

Thanks!
Garbí

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor aperloff
Visitor

Re: HLS 2018.2, importing ap_utils.h generates many warnings

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, both in 2018.2 and 2019.1. It would be nice if someone "in the know" could comment on this. Has anyone found a resolution to the problem?

Thanks,

Alexx

0 Kudos