cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gsutter
Contributor
Contributor

[HLS 2019.1] Using blackbox example (Jason file)

Jump to solution

I would like to start using the blackbox feature in HLS. I searching for extra documentation and/or an example but I´m not able to found nothing.
I saw only one post asking some question, but nothing else.
Any suggestion to start with?

Thank you in advance, Gustavo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shameera

Hi @gsutter ,

If you have installed Vivado 2019.2, then you should be able to open the RTL as Blackbox example from the examples that were exported with Vivado 2019.2.

Anyhow, I have also attached the RTL file for your reference.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ebrahimm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Gustavo,

Here is an RTL Blackbox JSON File Example from the Vivado High Level Synthesis User Guide. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_1/ug902-vivado-high-level-synthesis.pdf#page=587

Scroll through the userguide to see other beneficial information, like more RTL Blackbox information:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_1/ug902-vivado-high-level-synthesis.pdf#page=295

Hope that helps!

Ebrahim

0 Kudos
shameera

Hi @gsutter ,

Please check the below link of Github which has an example of using RTL as black box.

https://gitenterprise.xilinx.com/frederic/HLS-Tiny-Tutorials/tree/master/misc_rtl_as_blackbox

0 Kudos
gsutter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ebrahim and Shameera,

Thank you for the answers. I already review the UG902. Until now is the only source of information that I found.

The proposed link at Github seems to be not a public address (gitenterprise.xilinx.com) or is temporally unavailable. Any idea?

Best Regards, GS

0 Kudos
shameera

Hi @gsutter ,

Please check the archived project attached here for RTL as black box example. This has been imported with Vivado 2019.2 release.

gsutter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Shameera,

Thank you very much! I will install 2019.2 and test it ASAP.

Best Regards, GS

0 Kudos
gsutter
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Shameera,

You miss the verilog file (rtl_model.v) that is used in the jason file.

Best Regards, GS

0 Kudos
shameera

Hi @gsutter ,

If you have installed Vivado 2019.2, then you should be able to open the RTL as Blackbox example from the examples that were exported with Vivado 2019.2.

Anyhow, I have also attached the RTL file for your reference.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
gsutter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you I have found the example in the installation, just before to check your answer.

Thank you very much for your help and information.

Best Regards, GS

0 Kudos
mati@logtel.com
Observer
Observer

Hello,

Looking into the provided info I still can't find a way to use the ap_return in my rtl.

the example provided is not using ap_return and the only info is in the JSON file example (lised above).  That info is not enough - all options I tried ended with an error during HLS synthesis.

Can someone share an example how to use a return value (ap_return) in the rtl module as blackbox?

Thanks,

Mati

0 Kudos