Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

HLS module connect to RTL module with user define interface

Jump to solution

TIM截图20200506185329.png

The picture show an interface in an IP core, I want write a hls module that connect to the IP core. How to define the interace in HLS?

THANK YOU

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Re: HLS module connect to RTL module with user define interface

Jump to solution

Vivado-HLS has several predefined interface types. If you want to use a new one you have to do it in SystemC.
Usually it is the block in RTL that adapts its I/O to the HLS protocols.

If your RTL block is fixed you can design a wrapper in VHDL/Verilog to connect to the HLS block.

== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Vivado-HLS has several predefined interface types. If you want to use a new one you have to do it in SystemC.
Usually it is the block in RTL that adapts its I/O to the HLS protocols.

If your RTL block is fixed you can design a wrapper in VHDL/Verilog to connect to the HLS block.

== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Dear @calibra ,

my question is similar: 

in SystemC a module's ports are clearly defined and I expect them to map directly to port signals in Verilog.  Am I right about that? 

However HLS interfaces automatically add extra signals ( valid, rdy, full, empty etc).  Am I right in assuming that HLS port protocols ( ap_hs, ap_fifo etc.) cannot be used on the top level module's interface to the outside world ( port of the custom IP core ) ?

Thank you very much.

Miklos

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
For anyone interested, I found the answer to my own question: ug902 ( July 12, 2019) starting at page 89.
0 Kudos