Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

HLS problem during RTL export for IP Catalog

Hi,

I got a problem during RTL export for the IP Catalog in HLS 2013.2.

When I add the following directive to the toplevel function

#pragma HLS RESOURCE variable=return core=AXI4LiteS
#pragma HLS INTERFACE ap_ctrl_hs register port=return

to be able to set the ap_start signal by the PS in a Zynq system and also let HLS generate an interrupt port for the IP Module I get the following message in the console window:

I [SYN-201] Setting up clock 'default' with a period of 10ns.

@I [HLS-10] Setting target device to 'xc7z020clg484-1'

@I [IMPL-8] Exporting RTL as an IP in IP-XACT.

while executing

"export_design -format ip_catalog -description "An IP generated by Vivado HLS" -vendor "xilinx.com" -library "hls" -version "1.0""

(file "C:\temp\HLS_testdesign\solution9\export.tcl" line 8)

@I [LIC-101] Checked in feature [VIVADO_HLS]

and only the driver part of the exported IP is generated. The RTL part is completely missing.

When I select "Pcore for EDK" instead, the driver and the RTL part is generated, although the driver code seems to contain some errors (e.g. the generated HLS_testdesign_sinit.c contains a reference to HLS_testdesign_Configtable [], which not declared in the generated files)

If I remove the directives mentioned above the export works, but I don't get the interrupt output and have to start the IP by an GPIO for example.

Has anyone an idea what's wrong with the IP Catalog RTL export  or encountered similar problems?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: HLS problem during RTL export for IP Catalog

Seems some errors occur, however, the reason is not shown.

Is it able to attach your code here?

Regards,
brucey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Still facing issues? If its fixed kindly post the resolution. If not, post the detailed log for us to check.
Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi debrajr,

I still have the problem with the new 2013.3 HLS Version.

But I think I found a solution while I was preparing a testcase for the Xilinx support. (Unfortunately I'm not able to provide the original code)

The problem seems to be related to long file, function and or path names of the file I tried to process with HLS.

The original code uses a file named similar to Hls_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmn.cpp (the target function is named accordingly)

When I prepared the testcase I only renamed the file to IpCatalogTestCase.cpp...and suddenly it worked.

Unfortunately, up to now I was not able to generate a testcase by increasing the file name length successively till I can reproduce the error

But I think a possible solution is to shorten the file and function name.

UPDATE:

During my file name length experiments I encountered a new error with the 2013.3 HLS Version (while exporting the generated IP)

@E [RTMG-101] Couldn't open "Hls_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmn_ap_rst_if.v": no such file or directory

while executing
"export_design -format ip_catalog -description "An IP generated by Vivado HLS" -vendor "xilinx.com" -library "hls" -version "1.00.a""
    (file "C:/temp/Vivado_HLS_Tutorial/Hls_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmn/Hls_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmn/solution1/export.tcl" line 8)

I enclosed the zipped HLS Test Project.

Best regards

Highlighted

Thanks for the details. Would check it further internally. Good to hear that you have found a possible solution.
Regards,
Debraj

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

the RTL_Export with VHDL and "IP Catalog" option is not working anymore on my VIVADO HLS 2018.2_AR71409 

even if running it as administrator.

One month ago,  on this same project it was working.

How to fix this ?

Thanks

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos