cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwaj_ster
Contributor
Contributor

How can I make the first and last few rows and columns black (pixel intensity 0) on HLS

Given an input gray scale image, how can I make the first and last 50 rows and columns black (pixel intensity 0) using HLS functions ?

Input image.bmp
Output image.bmp
0 Kudos
3 Replies
daniel.cogan
Explorer
Explorer

I think first you'd have to decide what kind of algorithms you'd use at a high level before you involve HLS, and how you might do it in pseudocode or any language (e.g. Java/C++). Then the folks here can probably help find specific functions as substitutes for some of the functions you might need to write.  There is a Vitis library that has many pre-written functions for you to leverage, once you have a sense for you what you need.

https://xilinx.github.io/Vitis_Libraries/

There is sepcifically a vision library within the Vitis libraries that looks to have dozens of function which could be helpful:

https://xilinx.github.io/Vitis_Libraries/vision/2020.2/index.html

0 Kudos
bwaj_ster
Contributor
Contributor

@daniel.cogan I'm currently working on designing a dust detection HLS IP on input reed switch images at 10MP Resolution.

The question I've posted above happens to be about one of the intermediate steps involved.

Thank You for sharing the Vitis Library link, but unfortunately the HLS function(to draw rectangular borders across an image) I'm trying to seek help with doesn't seem to be on the list.

0 Kudos
daniel.cogan
Explorer
Explorer

@bwaj_ster I see.  Maybe others who are experts in image processing on here may chime if there are functions in HLS.  I happened to see this online, although I didn't look into it much. Seems like a library of C++ image processing functions, which maybe you could use with HLS:

OpenCV copyMakeBorder() Function

0 Kudos