cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How do I make sure vivado_hls is on PATH?

I am working to use hls4ml with Vivado to for machine learning inference in FPGAs. I was following this quick start tutorial for hls4ml and got to the line 

!hls4ml build -p my-hls-test -a

and this is what it returns

2020-06-27 01:11:xx.xxxxxx: I tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:44] 
Successfully opened dynamic library libcudart.so.10.1
Loading configuration from my-hls-test/hls4ml_config.ymlVivado HLS installation not found. Make sure "vivado_hls" is on PATH.

I'm not exactly sure what it means by making sure "vivaldo_hls" is on PATH. I added the vivado_hls batch file to the Path environment variable. There was also a vivado_hls executable in 

C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2020.1\bin\unwrapped\win64.o\vivado_hls

which I tried adding but it still gave the same error. I am using Google Colab so I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with the issue. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

What did you put into PATH?

I would expect "C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2020.1\bin\unwrapped\win64.o".

After setting up the PATH env var, have you closed the command prompt window and reopen it again to load the change in env var?

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

@wellwellwell 

Are you sure that vivado is installed in Colab ?

== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Sorry, how exactly would I install Vivado in Collab? It is installed on my computer and I changed my Path environment variable to include the vivado_hls exe on my computer.

0 Kudos