cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Arty board file in Vivado HLS 2015.4?

Jump to solution

Hey,

I am facing trouble in adding the board file for the arty board in the Viv HLS2015.4. I downloaded the package off digilent website and was able to add the same for Vivado tool but somehow it does not work in HLS. I have copied the files and put them in the following folder: X:\Xilinx\Vivado_HLS\2015.4\common\technology\xilinx\<Arty Board Package Folder>. It worked in Vivado tool where I put this in the boards subfolder. Pls help.

The anticipated outcome is that I'd like to choose Arty as board in drop down menu when I want to "create new project".

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

shashwatssanghavi@gmail.com for HLS there is different procedure. Let me send .xml to you

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

14 Replies
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

shashwatssanghavi@gmail.com for HLS there is different procedure. Let me send .xml to you

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

pratham
Scholar
Scholar

shashwatssanghavi@gmail.com Please replace file from this location with attached one

C:\Xilinx\Vivado_HLS\2015.4\common\config

-Pratham

forum.JPG
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

shashwatssanghavi@gmail.com Did you get the information you are looking for? If so please close this thread.

-Pratham

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pratham it's not really a helpful reply if you're passing around PM's with the file.  Can you attach it to your answer?

I'm having the same problem - I even added the board to the xml file by hand and get this error:

@E [HLS-70] Part 'xc7a35' is not installed.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

@Anonymous File is attached right there. Take a look

I think problem is part is not installed during installation.

-Pratham

forum.JPG
jesko
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

I am wondering why the .xml file is added nowhere ... so I have to write this post, wait and hope someone provides it again.

lucas.ritter
Visitor
Visitor

Could you send me the procedure or the xml file that was used in solviing this problem?

I am having the same issue, and cannot find good documentation on the issue or documentation for hls at all. 

Any help is greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
jesko
Adventurer
Adventurer

the files snapshot ...

0 Kudos
debrajr
There were some previous discussions also in these topics on other boards.
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Vivado-Webpack-ARTY-Board-not-listed/td-p/682622
Regards,
Debraj

0 Kudos
deppenkaiser
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i like to use the Arty-Board with HLS.

I can not download the solution XML-File. Can you pls. send me the needed XML-File or can you tell me the data, that i must include?

My current Version of HLS is 2016.2

Thank you...

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jesko
Adventurer
Adventurer

Probably you already have your answer. Just overread your question (2nd page) ...

You don't need the files, just use the correct device "xc7a35ticsg324-1L" and everything is fine.

0 Kudos
daryon
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @pratham ,

Thanks for this helpful answer. It also solved my problem now.

Bests,

Daryon

0 Kudos
sm7ed
Observer
Observer

I had to do this for the PYNQ-Z1 board. For Vivado HLS 2018.3, I added as another platform entry:

<board name="Xilinx_PYNQ-Z1" display_name="Xilinx PYNQ-Z1" family="zynq" part="xc7z020clg400-1" device="xc7z020" package="clg400" speedgrade="-1" vendor="pynq.io" />

in the file \Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\common\config\VivadoHls_boards.xml

0 Kudos
sm7ed
Observer
Observer

The directory is \Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\common\config\VivadoHls_boards.xml  in newer versions

0 Kudos