cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nanson
Explorer
Explorer

How to check if it is implemented by either DSP or LUT etc. in the properties pane in the the schedule viewer

Hi,

In the schedule viewer in the analysis view as shown below, for instance, if we're interested in the r_V_2(*) and would like to see what implement it is, we usually click the properties pane. However, from the information of the properties pane, I still have no idea if the * mul operation is implemented by either DSP or LUT etc.

How do you usually check what implementation resource is used in the schedule viewer like the case?  Thank you

Selection_209.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nithink
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@nanson The schedule viewer just shows the operation. It doesn't carry information on how it is mapped.

From a usabiltiy point of view, i am not sure how would this affect. what we are interested is to see is the depedencies and how a particular operation is scheduled. 

Thanks,

Nithin

0 Kudos
himalayan_fpga
Contributor
Contributor

In similar scenario(while I needed to force DSP usage on implementation) , I edited the resulting rtl. You can force tool to use dsp by changing the attribute of the signal as follows. 

attribute use_dsp: string;

attribute use_dsp of signal_name : signal is "yes" ;
for more information refer to ug901(v2019.1) page 67.

Regards,
jagannath@logictronix.com
0 Kudos