cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to draw lines on image in Vivado HLS?

Jump to solution

I get some lines using HoughLines2 function, and I selected some and deleted them, I wanna draw the remaining lines on a white image,  and output it to show the result. so how can i do for it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

1028271706@qq.com Unfortunately there's no really good way to do it "fast".

Drawing one line on a streaming image is easy. Drawing up to N lines, where N is fairly small, is reasonably easy (you just have a bunch of "draw one line" blocks lined up). Drawing an undefined number of lines is not easy, because this requires an undefined (and possibly very large) amount of hardware.

The alternative (which allows an unlimited number of lines) is to rely on an off-chip memory buffer and just overwrite whichever pixels you want. However, with the limited caching available on an FPGA, this tends to be pretty slow.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi 1028271706@qq.com ,

Are you using the xfopencv honghlines function? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

1028271706@qq.com Unfortunately there's no really good way to do it "fast".

Drawing one line on a streaming image is easy. Drawing up to N lines, where N is fairly small, is reasonably easy (you just have a bunch of "draw one line" blocks lined up). Drawing an undefined number of lines is not easy, because this requires an undefined (and possibly very large) amount of hardware.

The alternative (which allows an unlimited number of lines) is to rely on an off-chip memory buffer and just overwrite whichever pixels you want. However, with the limited caching available on an FPGA, this tends to be pretty slow.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer
No, I just using the hls_video library.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
I didn't get the point, what about drawing one or two lines (limited number of lines) is it possible using Vivado HLS?
0 Kudos