UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer saiwing_hit
Observer

How to generate reset API function in HLS ip?

Jump to solution

Hello,

In SDK, a HLS IP have many API functions like, "XHls_two_frame_Start", "XHls_two_frame_EnableAutoRestart", .... but it doesn't have a reset related funtion,  its CONTROL_BUS_ADDR_AP_CTRL reg doesn't have a reset bit either.

What should I do to have a reset funtion in SDK?

Thanks a lot if someone gives me some tips

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to generate reset API function in HLS ip?

Jump to solution

@saiwing_hit,

This is not necessarily my area of expertise - but I don't think it's standard practice for device drivers to have a reset function. I think if you really had to do this in practice, you would do a Release and then a new Initialize. But I don't think it's necessarily a good practice to send the reset signal to your hardware while it's initialized. I could be wrong, but I think this is why HLS does not provide a Reset function.

For the reset bit - you can control this behavior. Go to Solution in the menu, then select Solution Settings. Click "Add...", then use the dropdown to select "config_rtl". Then, set reset, reset_async, and reset_level as you prefer.

Nicholas Moellers

Xilinx Worldwide Technical Support
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

@saiwing_hit,

This is not necessarily my area of expertise - but I don't think it's standard practice for device drivers to have a reset function. I think if you really had to do this in practice, you would do a Release and then a new Initialize. But I don't think it's necessarily a good practice to send the reset signal to your hardware while it's initialized. I could be wrong, but I think this is why HLS does not provide a Reset function.

For the reset bit - you can control this behavior. Go to Solution in the menu, then select Solution Settings. Click "Add...", then use the dropdown to select "config_rtl". Then, set reset, reset_async, and reset_level as you prefer.

Nicholas Moellers

Xilinx Worldwide Technical Support
Observer saiwing_hit
Observer

Jump to solution

nmoeller, really thanks for your advice

just as your suggestion, we add reset signal through "config_rtl", but we have to add another ip to generate a resetting signal.

I am not in the field of FPGA, I still can't understand why it is unnecessary to make hls have a register to do this by itself. Anyway, the problem gets a solution. Thanks again!

0 Kudos