UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

How to inline library functions

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using the HLS Linear Algebra library. I have two consecutive calls to a matrix multiplication, both take 32 clock cycles and the initiation interval is also 32.

I would like to use the pipeline directive in order to reduce the total latency, trying to start the second matrix multiplication before the first is finished. The problem is that neither of the two function calls do not appear in the directive pane.

How can I overcome this?

Thanks!

Cerilet

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant haggaie
Participant

Re: How to inline library functions

Jump to solution

I haven't tried it, but perhaps you can add the directive in a directives.tcl script manually.

3 Replies
Participant haggaie
Participant

Jump to solution

I haven't tried it, but perhaps you can add the directive in a directives.tcl script manually.

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Well, even though it is not recommended by Xilinx (it is written in the directives.tcl file "Please DO NOT edit it"), it worked.

It would be good if someone tells us why it is not good to modify this file manually and how we should add directives to functions that are in libraries.

Many thanks anyway!

Cerilet

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
I think it's because Vivado also modifies it so it doesn't want any conflict. There is nothing inherently wrong with modifying it. Actually I as almost never use the gui, modifying the directives.tcl is what I mostly do.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.