UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor bilal_909
Visitor

Image processing using zybo z7-20

Hi everyone, hope you are doing well

My final year  project is on zybo z7-20, I have to run correlation tracker and detect object in real time. 

Now the problem is that due to some reasons I could not give much time to my FYP, and I don't have much time. For now, I have decided to do this project in VIVADO HLS but I am very new to HLS and  don't have much knowledge about IP design. Done some basic verilog codes on PL.

What I need is a good suggestion where I can learn quickly about IP Designs and C++ coding in HLS. Any good material? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Image processing using zybo z7-20

Hi @bilal_909 ,

As you are new to Vivado HLS and will be trying to synthesize a c++ code using Vivado HLS, from HLS point of view as a baseline, I would suggest you to go through the below user guides from which you would be familiar with the Vivado HLS tool and the best practices.

Vivado HLS user guide -- UG 902 

Vivado HLS tutorial -- UG 871 

HLS Methodology User Guide 

0 Kudos
Visitor bilal_909
Visitor

Hello Shameera, Thanks for the reply

I have already gone through some of the tutorials and I will study your suggested manuals as well 

I am planning to use video library of HLS for correlation tracker, but I am not sure if it is possible to do this using video library as I could'nt find much help of this library on internet and I even don't know whether functions of this library are synthesizeable or not. Can you tell me that whether I am planning in right direction or not?

0 Kudos

I would expect all HLS video functions to be synthesizable.

What you probably won't find is a function called "Corrrelation_Tracking_As_Bilal_Needs_For_His_FYP". We all would have a pile of PhDs if everything was that easy, man.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor bilal_909
Visitor

Hello   , your reply really made me smile

I have idea of this and your feelings as well and I know nothing is that simple. I need some help from experienced to learn video library as I could'nt find any good source. Or any type of help you can provide as I explained my problem. Any suggestion that will help me will be really appreciated  

Hi @bilal_909 

You could try using the xfOpenCV library available on our Github. There is more information about it here

We also have a number of tutorials about how to get started in HLS for video processing: 

Video Beginner Series 14: Creating a Pattern Generator using HLS (Part 1)

Video Beginner Series 15: Creating a Pattern Generator using HLS (Part 2)

Video Beginner Series 17: Create a Video Crop IP using HLS (part 1)

Video Beginner Series 18: Create a Video Crop IP using HLS (part 2)

Regards, 

Aoife
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**